Monday, January 10, 2011

Walking with Mother Earth

It is only a little planet, but how beautiful it is.
~Robinson Jeffers


Today's journal fun from the Awe-Manac:

Name today: Peppermint

Today I get to: make cream cheese wedding mints

And here they are:

These are sweet and minty and melt in your mouth! Perfect for a wedding, bridal shower or baby shower. 
I use my mom's recipe from the 1970's:

One 3oz pkg of cream cheese, softened
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 t flavor (I use peppermint)
few drops of coloring (for theme or holiday)
Granulated sugar
Candy molds

Knead all ingredients together in a bowl.
Sprinkle mold with granulated sugar.
Pinch off marble size of dough and roll in granulated sugar.
Press into mold.
Refrigerate or freeze on waxed paper.

Makes 36; can be made ahead and frozen.

Speaking of sweets...it's National Bittersweet Chocolate Day!

Write a bittersweet chocolate haiku:
Bitter on my tongue
In a mug with milk or cream
a much better taste

Why couldn't it be National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day? I wonder when that is?

Thanks to the following DeviantArt resource providers: night-fate-stockro-stock and jraco




3 comments:

Nichole Renee said...

It says something for your photography skills that your pics made me hungry! And now I have to get candy molds so I can make the mints when I feel better! Something to look forward to!!!

Lita said...

This totally knocked my socks off ... and I'm not wearing any!!! Your "Walking Mother Earth" image is supersonic AWESOME! I'm so impressed, Laura ... WOW!

Moving onto the rest of your post, you've been one busy lady, making those cream cheese wedding mints. Were these made for any special occasion? Fabuloso pics of those too!

And your haiku was a welcome spin on bittersweet chocolate =)

Yay for rocking it overtime today!!! ♥

Laura said...

Thanks girls!
Nichole: I hope you are feeling better!

Lita: I made them for Bunco. The theme is four weddings and a funeral,lol.