Thursday, January 20, 2011

Life is a Rollercoaster

Life  is a Rollercoaster

Name today: Wackadoodle

Today I get to: procrastinate

I did procrastinate today. All. day. long. I have pressing matters to attend to (hello, eBay listings!) but instead I just kind of let the day slip away from me. It's not that I didn't do something. I just didn't do what I was suppose to do. Everyone has days like that...I just seem to have more than most. I remember being a teenager, one that always promised (that's the key word here) to clean her room and coming home one day after school to find a notice tacked to my door. It read "National Procrastination Month has been postponed until next month." I guess much hasn't changed in thirty years. ☺

I did run to Target to pick up The Tudors: The Final Season on DVD. And, I talked to La La Vagabond Missy for awhile on the phone to thank her for my awesome surprise package I received in the mail today.
She picked us both up this book called Weird Maryland. When I go up to visit this year, we are going to go on a scavenger hunt of sorts to all these strange places and document our findings on a note pad, attaching them later to the book! It will end up being like our own little adventure journal! There are tons of spooky, ghostly, haunted places which is right up my alley! I had already started reading a bit about the Black Aggie when my phone rang. I nearly had a heart attack! 

Taken with the iPhone

I'm so excited for the trip to Maryland & Virginia as I'll also get to spend some time with my super cool fairytale friend Phoebe aka Wanderlust. I'll get to put on one of her animal masks and be taken into her strange, cool world of Make Believe. 

Also today, I did manage to take a picture of myself wearing a super cool hat I purchased at H&M in anticipation of Hat Day which according to the Awe-Manac is today. But, it's actually tomorrow. I don't know what made me decide to look up the actual date but when I did I realized the Awe-Manac was printed in 2008. Oops! Things may be off just a bit but that's okay! Now, you'll have to wait for my hat image until tomorrow and since it's Hat Day seems like a perfect time to draw a winner for January's blog giveaway! Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Nichole Renee said...

Like my father before me, I am a professional procrastinator. And like you, I put off the work-stuff so that I can do fun, creative stuff! (And I see little wrong with that!)

Laura said...

LOL..it's nice to know I'm not alone!