Sunday, January 30, 2011

Hackney Carriage Series

London is the city I most love to photograph "on the street". It's hustle, bustle of life is evident on nearly every corner. One particular corner, between Hyde Park and Green Park is a favorite of mine to snap photographs of unsuspecting Hackney Carriage Drivers. Yes, I could just use "Taxi Drivers" but what fun is there in that? I prefer British Speak...so much more lively! Sometimes, I snap a most interesting expression and imagine what they are thinking as they round that corner I'm standing on.
So, without further ado, my Hackney Carriage Series:

 "God, I can't wait until I can retire"

 "Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows" 

 "Hope the wife is making Shepard's Pie tonight"

 "If this chap doesn't stop chatting, he's going to have a date with my wood chipper!"

"This is the shittiest undercover job the MI5 has ever assigned to me!"

"Whoa, hot girl in a short skirt!"

A few years ago I did a "Hyde Park Joggers" series, before photography became a hobby. You can see some of them on Flickr. Ocassionally it's fun to just be silly with the camera and not worry about composition, lighting or depth of field. Sometimes, you just have to let go and snap away! :)

2 comments:

Nichole Renee said...

This was such a fun post! Definitely started my day with a big ol' smile! (Love the "wood chipper" guy! I think I would've walked.)

Laura said...

LOL, the "wood chipper guy" reminded me of the guy from Fargo. I don't know why, but he had that look about him. I would have walked too!LOL!