Monday, January 24, 2011

Painted Pages

Finally! Here are all the painted pages of my Sketchbook that I submitted for the Sketchbook Project.
Since I chose paint as my medium, I had only a few pages to produce images for my theme Below the Surface.
I will definitely participate again this year but with two differences: I will sign up sooner so I have more time to work on it and I will only use pencil, sketching all 140 pages. Now, that's a challenge!














Although I ran out of days and therefore spent less time on the last few pages, I was still pleased that I had finished it and mailed it out to be part of the collection at the Brooklyn Museum of Art. It was hard to let it go as it's the first sketchbook I've actually filled and completed! I have so many started, none finished. So here's a toast to actually finishing one! :)

6 comments:

Amy Knutkowski said...

I love these, Laura!!

Nichole Renee said...

Cheers and congrats!!

Art Expression said...

These pages are beautiful Laura, you really had to think about what you were going to draw and paint for the "sketchbook project". I read about it and felt a little intimitated by it and chose not to participate, not ready yet....maybe next year = )...Congrats !!!

Laura said...

Thanks so much! You should definitely participate next year! I'm going to do it again too!

Angie said...

It's artful, creative, and full of inspiration! Well done ;)!! Thanks for sharing. xo

Laura said...

Thanks Angie! It was hard to part with but at least I have the pictures!