Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Fresh View

Plucked from a Dream
Taken with the Lensbaby

For the first time since receiving it for Christmas, I was able to have a few minutes to shoot with the Lensbaby. There is definitely going to be a learning curve with this lens. Not being able to change the aperture at will is going to take some getting used to. Despite that, it's a pretty cool lens. It can shoot very wide or super close, acting almost like a macro. It creates incredible bokeh and sun flare. I'm already adding it to my travel kit for my trip to London. I can see in my mind's eye just what kind of cool street scenes I could capture with this attached to my Nikon.
Backyard View
Taken with the Lensbaby

 Last Days
Taken with the Lensbaby


Journal fun from today's entries for the Awe-Manac:

Toast of the Day: Here's to having a fresh view take you by surprise.

Happy Birthday To:
Sir Isaac Newton born in 1643

I was like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me.
~Sir Isaac Newton

It's Get Out of Your Boxer Shorts Day!
I created this cute little doodle for today in my journal:


2 comments:

Lita said...

Your line of boxer shorts are ADORABLE! I especially like the green clover one ... and of how you did the clouds.

Your lensbaby gives ooo la-la results! Me like! =)

Laura said...

Thank you! I think you would love the lensbaby...put it on your list,lol.