Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Week in Art & Photography

The week started with creative goal setting and for the most part, I accomplished what I had wanted for the week with art & photography. Earlier in the week I was able to complete Exploration #16 & create a digital image that had been in my head for quite a while. On Friday, I spent the morning photographing a beach that I had never  been to. Of course, life has a way of always interrupting even the best laid plans so not everything got done and some things weren't even attempted. Goals that fell by the wayside were to complete a page in every art journal I have going (I knew that was a lofty goal. I manage a few but not all!) and to work on a Pinterest inspired project and/or start some Bunco decorations. But to quote Scarlett O'Hara: "Tomorrow is another day!"

Watercolor doodle, practicing Linda Davenports way of drawing faces.



The watercolor lessons continued with learning to do grass. For some reason, I found this lesson challenging, more so than doing trees. I think I may need new watercolor brushes!

A page done in my vintage-themed Europe '94 journal.

Pages 3 & 4 of the 2012 Sketchbook Project. I still need to finish painting Sacré-Coeur.

One of my other goals this week was to finish processing all the images from Day 1 of the Cumbria Way. These were my favorite that I processed this week:

Lunch at the wall. After being rained on for two hours. :)

 Osmotherly Ent. It kind of reminded me of the Whomping Willow from Harry Potter.


Purple Trees. My lens had broken and wasn't focusing correctly for most of the trip. However, despite that and the rain, I still managed to snag a few images that will forever remind me of the trek.

I hope everyone one had a creative week! Remember...art is good for the soul!

4 comments:

Angie said...

Hello Laura~ this is a wonderful post. I love your art and the sweet commentary that accompanies it is perfect! Sounds like you are out and about having fun. Have a great weekend, my friend.

Nichole Renee said...

Hooray for goals met and for goals to come! Neither of us finished them all, but I'm so proud of what we did accomplish! Can't wait to see what tomorrows goals are!
<3<3<3

Destiny said...

Way to go! It sounds like both you and Nicole are well on your way to accomplishing your goals. Keep up the great work!

Laura said...

Thanks girls! I can't believe how much I got done in the way of the creative goals!