Thursday, September 29, 2011

iPhoneography, The Vegas Edition; Part One

All the images shown here were taken with the iPhone using various apps. I had a great deal of fun shooting with the iPhone in Las Vegas. I used mostly the Hipstamatic and I kept the "shake" mode on to get a different film and lens combo each time. And, I discovered a new favorite: Chunky lens paired with Pistil film (which you'll see in a future post as I took way to many to bombard you guys all at once!).
In the words of Samuel L. Jackson..."You know what's cool?" iPhoneography. iPhoneography is cool.

On the way...

Fort Lauderdale Airport
Lens: John S
Film: Ina's 1969


Take off over Fort Lauderdale
Lens: Native Camera
Processing: Pixlr-o-matic

Space Flight
Lens: Instagram
Processing: Apollo


On Board
Lens: Salvador 85
Film: Alfred Infrared


Welcome to Las Vegas
Lens: Lucifer VI
Film: AO BW


Cracked Rabbit
Sculpture inside McCarren International Airport.
Lens: Chunky
Film: Cano Cafenol

Stony Lizard
Lens: Melodie
Film: Blanko

Night Life
We took a limo from the airport and took a long way to our hotel...along the strip, in and out of resorts. I tried snapping pics out the window but it was too dark. I liked this one though.
Lens: Salvador 84
Film: Ina's 1935

The Endless Hallway
I took a shot of this with my D90 as well for a digital art piece that will be something reminiscent of The Shining.  Now, if I can just find some spooking looking twins. :)
Lens: Salvador 84
Film: Ina's 1935

Breakfast in Bed
Our first morning in Vegas we ordered room service breakfast. It was quite the spread!
Lens: Native
Processing: Plastic Bullet

Out exploring...Mandalay Bay, Luxor & New York-New York:

Through the Arch
Lens: John S
Film: Pistil

Guarding Griffin
Lens: John S
Film: Pistil


Pete Rose
I saw Pete Rose, like a gazillion times. Apparently this is what he does now for a living. Shows up at this memorabilia store about three times a day and signs autographs on items purchased. I thought about asking him for gambling tips. :)
Lens: Helga Viking
Film: BlacKeys B&W


Three Fish on Red
 Lens: Libatique 73
Film: Pistil


Signs of New York
 Lens: Salvador 84
Film: AO BW

Flaming Doors
 Lens: Buckhorst H1
Film: Kodot XGrizzled

Balcony View
 Lens: Buckhorst H1
Film: Kodot XGrizzled

 Lady Liberty of Vegas
Lens: Lucifer VI
Film: Pistil

New York-New York
Lens: Melodie
Film: Blanko


Coming up: Part two which will include images from MGM & The Aria!



2 comments:

Samuli said...

Hi Laura!

Few days ago, while avoiding work and surfing the net (ah, sweet procrastination!) I came across the ten golden rules of Lomography. The essence of the rules was: “Don't Think, Just Shoot”. This made me think of how much I miss the times when I was just starting photography: not obsessing over "correct" composition, exposure, lead-in-lines etc. but just shooting for the fun of it!

Your recent Iphoneography reminds me of that spontaneous photographic gold that happens when you’re going with your impulses, seizing the moment and just having a blast while shooting - there's magic in these images!

So, once again: thanks for the inspiration! (I’m still not buying an Iphone, though ;))
-Hope you’re having a great week!

Destiny said...

Your images are interesting. I love your subjects and the way they are processed in your phone. I can't wait to see what you do with the endless hallway.