Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Week in Art



Most of my time this past week has been spent caring for Pi, my 15 year old cat with cancer. Of course, it's all I think about which is why it's so important to get time in for art, to help take the mind away from the situation for a couple of hours. I even managed to make a few things for my much neglected Etsy shop! :)

The French Artist
Necklace available in my Etsy shop

Packaged in a gift box featuring a painting of a French artist.
 Inside, a tiny scroll tells a short bio on the featured artist.

Expression of Dance
Mixed media on canvas

The above, original piece is available in my Etsy shop and the version shown at the top is available as a necklace and mouse pad in my Zazzle shop. Note cards can also be made, just email me. I hope to get them into the Etsy shop soon.

Winter Tree
Mixed media on canvas

Winter tree had been sitting unfinished in my art room for about a year. I had all the materials, just never took the time to create it! Finally, it's finished and available in my Etsy shop!

I started my Sketchbook Project this week also, finishing up the front cover. My theme is "Travel With Me" and I'll be filling the book with small sketches of my favorite places in the world. Just need to figure out what country to start with first!

Come Travel With Me
Pen and colored pencil

I've made the cover available as invitations for a "Girls Only Getaway"! The invitations are listed as singles, so you can purchase just the amount you need. You can find them here in my Zazzle shop.

I completed two more pages in my Doll Dreams art journal.

All crows are liars

Queen of Hearts


And, let's not forget about Photography! I processed two images this week. A sad number considering I have hundreds sitting in my travel files. :)

The Ghost that Walks
(oh yes, inspired by Karen Elson's song!)

Langdale
(This gorgeous pic of Gina and I was taken by Ray and I processed it)

My "to do" list for the upcoming week is to work a bit in the watercolor journal, make some cards for the Etsy shop and process some more photos. I will probably do a couple of pages for the Sketchbook Project and I may even finish The Spirit of Adventure piece that I started last year!

Here's wishing you all a creative week ahead!

3 comments:

Nichole Renee said...

My head is spinning at all your creativity! Wonderful! Each and every piece was wonderful! So inspired, now!!

Destiny said...

I just love all the pieces. The dance painting is fantastic. I love the colors. The necklace is too cute.

Laura said...

Thanks girls! I hope I can muster the strength to do some art this week. It's been hard to get motivated but I really need to get back into the swing of things including my Exploration Tasks!