Friday, June 24, 2011

Flowers, Butterflies and Hummingbirds

A storm is brewing as I type this post. The constant singing of a female mockingbird has been temporarily replaced with the roll of thunder. Tiny specks of rain land on the window, each drop a bit larger than the one before it. The wind starts to wail. An intense tropical downpour. The first of the season and much needed. Seems I got home just in time from a morning out shooting flowers, butterflies and hummingbirds at Butterfly World. Here are a few of my favorites from today. Enjoy!

Summer Days

 Cains Birdwing

Pink Coral 

 Water drops are the latest fashion!


 Russelia Sarmentosa


Winged Rose

Sparkling Violet Ear Hummingbird on Takeoff


5 comments:

Nichole Renee said...

Love them! Such a pretty post today! Glad you avoided the storm! (Wish I could say the same for soggy Salem!)

Laura said...

Thanks Nichole! I hope your trip to Salem wasn't a total wash out! I'm looking forward to your pics!

Destiny said...

Oh my goodness the hummingbird is so cute. I love the vivid bright blue color. The other photos were great too. You are lucky to have such a great place to visit and take photos.

Laura said...

Thanks! I'm glad you like them! It is a really lovely place to spend a quiet morning!

Tootie said...

Absolutely beautiful. :)