So, here we go on our adventure with Exploration #1:
Right Where You Are Sitting
Write 10 things about where you are sitting right now that you hadn't noticed before when you sat down
2) The view would be better if I removed the window screens.
3) The cat takes up half the desk. I never realized that before. Should have gotten a longer desk. :)
4) The room has become cluttered. I really must take some time to declutter and get some breathing space.
5) Out the window a lizard is perched on a bamboo stake.
6) The sunflowers have become a bit droopy as the weather heats up. :(
7) My project pile has gotten huge. I wish someone would invent a pause button for time.
8) The birdbath is empty. Yesterday, a squirrel was hanging upside down while drinking from it.
9) There is thread on the floor from my recent sewing. Need to get that up before my cat eats it!
10) The fig tree is bearing fruit! Soon, it will be full of squirrels gorging themselves.
It might have been a more interesting first assignment had I actually been sitting in the garden and not my desk when I started. But, this challenge is about being spontaneous as well as observant and I want it to be an entirely organic experience. And this is where I was sitting when the assignment came through from Lita. So, what did I get out of this first assignment? Besides the fact that the garden needs my attention, I realized that I have put a lot of things on the "back burner" which are now piling up and cluttering my life. In order to be an explorer of the world, I need to eliminate those things that keep me tied to the shoreline. I will focus on doing just that until the next challenge comes along!