Sunday, October 30, 2011

iPhoneography Mission #9

Mission #9: Admire the color palette of butterfly wings.


Let's start with an iPhone video, shot while out for a run:


Zebra Longwings on Porterweed

This week I found a mixture of real and faux butterflies. This Zebra Longwing on Porterweed was shot with the native camera and no processing:

Zebra Longwing on Porterweed

The following images were shot with the Hipstamatic. I used the Melodie lens paired with Kodot XGrizzled film:

Tree Nymph in Sunrays. (The Tree Nymph is my all-time favorite butterfly)

 Painted Wings

Tall

Monarch on Mexican Vine

I did change the lens/film combination a couple of times. These were shot with the Hornbecker lens and Ina's 1969 film which I thought was a good combination for the morning light:

 Black, White & Red

 Eyes

 Halloween Color

 Malachite on Fence

Monarch Wings

And a few random selections:

 Shade of Blue
Lens: John S
Film: DreamCanvas

 Glittering Pink
Lens: Salvador 84
Film: Ina's 1969

Luminous
Lens: Melodie
Film: DreamCanvas

And finally, let's end with a video too!

Emerging

I love anything to do with butterflies so I really enjoyed this mission! Here is the next one:

Mission #10: Make a cup of tea and follow the color saturation of the water.

4 comments:

Art Expression said...

Absolutly beautiful ....I love butterflies.

Destiny said...

Great shots! Glittering Pink looks like some Christmas ornaments I bought for our tree at work. Halloween colors was my favorite and eyes was a little creepy.

Nichole Renee said...

So pretty!! What a wonderful wealth of butterflies!!

Laura said...

Thanks girls!