Thursday, April 10, 2008

Bonkers for Bunco!

I'm bonkers for Bunco! And here is the reason:
I played Bunco for the first time when I worked at Club Med in Scottsdale, Arizona. A group of our supervisors had a Bunco game every month and I was lucky enough to be a sub a few times. I fell in love with the fast-paced, exciting game and for the last 20 years have been waiting for a permanent seat in a Bunco Group.

Thanks to Meetup.com I finally got my wish when another Laura emailed me about joining her Bunco group. Of course I jumped on the chance and looked forward to my first game with gleeful anticipation.

Our group started two months ago and is comprised of 16 of the most interesting and fun women! Bunco gives us an excuse once a month to get away from all of our responsibilities and just enjoy great food, good wine, fabulous conversation and one heck of a rowdy, hilarious dice game.

All the women in our group are fascinating and beautiful with shining personalities. None of us take the game too seriously or competitive although we all would like to go home with one of the prizes! But, if we don't we still get to come away with a night full of laughs and laughing is what keeps us young. And that is why I'm bonkers for Bunco!

1 comment:

Lita said...

My best friend up north also loves this game. I'm so excited you have this very cool outlet with other engaging and spirited women :)