Saturday, February 25, 2012

Nature's Beauty

Thought I would share a couple of pictures of Nature's Beauty taken yesterday with my new camera, the Nikon D7000! I really love it so far. It has a quiet mode shutter speed which allowed me to get really close to the hummingbird without scaring him off. I've had the camera for over a week but just yesterday finally broke it out of it's box and headed outdoors with it. Nichole and I have decided to take a break from our iPhone missions since we are at a good stopping place of 25 completed. We will do the next 25 over the summer. I think the iPhone mission has made me a bit lazy with my blog. I miss making things, painting and inspiring you all with my artsy adventures. I'm recommitting to more artful posts this Spring! I've been trying to find the time to blog about the Mad Hatter Tea Party but it's taking some time to get all the details written out. I want you all to feel like you were there! So, here are a couple of pics to tie you over until I finish that blog post. :)

First Blush

 Little Hummingbird

Captured Blooms

5 comments:

Nichole Renee said...

Yes, yes, and Yes!

The shots from the new camera are beautiful! Love that first one...that color!!

And we do need to recommit ourselves to creative endeavors...not just a muse-less act of iPhoneography. ;)

Luke A. Bunker said...

Again, what she said!! :) Can't wait to see all your new posts!

Destiny said...

I am excited to see your next creative spark! I do have to say I have enjoyed your iphone missions.

rachelle vance photography said...

that hummingbird is amazing Laura!

Laura said...

Thanks so much everyone! xo