Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Curve balls of Life

The last four months sure took their toll. Three weeks in the Highlands of Scotland, trekking 100 miles, mostly in rain, wind and even some hail. Returned home to ailing family members including my mother-in-law battling cancer and my father-in-law succumbing to it. One week later, after being sick for nearly two months, I finally discovered at the age of 44, that I was pregnant for the first time! Talk about a shocker. But, that was very short lived as just a week later we suffered a miscarriage. Together Charlie and I worked that out at home, alone, privately. I didn't want to go through it in a cold, hospital room with strangers. We both quickly moved on however from the ordeal because as everyone knows, life doesn't stop to pity you so you can't really take the time to pity yourself. And, I had to shoot a wedding while I was still miscarrying. That was difficult. It was a long, hard day and most of the time I felt like I was going to pass out. But, it was also, at the same time, alot of fun as I had Lita there to assist me. That weekend, our shelving system in the garage came crashing down onto our truck and my hubby sprained his ankle. *Sigh* We couldn't wait for May to be over with. Just a week later, my sister and 9 year old nephew flew in to spend 9 days with me. I took both of them along with Daniel (also 9) to Disneyworld for 5 days. That was exhausting to say the least! :) Once they left, I committed to my eBay clients to sell for them through the end of June. Finally, July rolled around and I thought I would have some free time but the month quickly filled up with coffee dates, lunch dates, birthday parties, photography workshops and ending with a trip to Las Vegas for a week. Now, a week in Vegas is about 5 days too long,lol. It was the end to a long, exhausting 4 months full of twists and turns. Things have finally slowed down for now...but soon, Bunco will start back up and two trips are in the pipeline, one to South Carolina with my friend Phoebe and one to London with my friend Jackie, all before the end of the year. I'll try to take this time to be more diligent with my blog as there are tons of things I want to write about. Hopefully, life won't throw anymore curve balls for a while!

No comments: